Wednesday 18 November 2009

The title

Now that I have completed my initial research I am ready to start planning my own music magazine. According to my survey results my magazine is going to be a lot different than the existing music magazines. It will be focused on Classic Rock, Modern rock and Retro music genres because people would be happy to read about real truthful music.The title of the magazine is one of it's most essential features because it introduces the magazine to its audience. I want my title to be strong and meaningful.This is why I do not want to use a mnemonic instead of a proper name. I have a number of name proposals.However I find it quite difficult to choose which is the most suitable one for a new music magazine.I will now share my ideas with you and will justify my list by outlining the connotations of each name. Please complete the poll after you have read the next paragraph to help me choose a title for my magazine

Phoenix- I have chosen this title because it has very deep meaning related to Classic rock music.Phoenix is an Egyptian mythological bird of gorgeous plumage, sacred to the sun, reborn from the ashes.The legend of the Phoenix is related to the Rock legends because they are all thought to have the "superpower" to "rise" from its ashes.I would like to use the idea of the reborn mystic Phoenix because it anchors the meaning of my magazine.

Nirvana-Nirvana is a state of being filled with enlightenment, compassion, and wisdom. Nirvana can be easily connoted with freedom, spirit and soul and peace. This can be easily related to rock music because Rock helps people find their path and freedom in life. Nirvana is also the name of one for the most influential groups of the '90s.

Forever or 4EVA- The title will suggest that rock music is going to "live" forever.

Fame- Fame is when your natural talent is widely known and acclaimed. Fame could be a suitable name for My magazine because all the artist the magazine is about are widely known for their talent and music contribution.

Flame- This name is very interesting because it brings up the association of passion, power and warm love. The title could be appropriate for my magazine because it relates to real passionate music that makes your heart warm up. Music.

Reborn can be associated with Rock because my rock magazine will be aiming at getting people interested in Rock again.

What is the most suitable name for a music magazine?
Phoenix
Nirvana
Forever or 4EVA
Fame
Flame
Reborn
  
pollcode.com free polls

0 comments:

Post a Comment