Wednesday 11 November 2009

Respond Analysis and Ideas

I have collected 8 responses to my music magazine questionnaire to help me decide on the type of music and appearance of my music magazine. I am quite surprised by the results I have gathered because most of the people indicate that they are not satisfied and happy with the existing music magazines. People claim that they do not read music magazines as much as they used to in the past because they can access music articles and pictures from the Internet, newspapers, advertisements and other fashion magazines. According to the results I should try to produce a magazine which differentiates itself from all the other magazines in the music industry.

My results show that over 50% of the people were aged between 16-20.However the target audience of my magazine is not going to be the same age group because young people are not serious and perpetual buyers. Teenagers change their tastes and preferences.If I direct my magazine to teenage audience. sales of my magazine will vary so it will be problematic for me to work out the financial aspects f the magazine- break even points, estimated budget, sash flow and supply and demand. This means that my music magazine business won't be stable and definite. Therefore I prefer to choose the demography of 21-25 years old. People aged between 21-25 would be a better target audience because they already have fixed tastes and views and fashion does not influence their music preferences and tastes as much as it influence teenagers.


Another important aspect of the creating of a music magazine its the genre of music its made for. I have therefore asked people what their music preferences are. Its significant that 75% of the participants indicated that they like to listen to Classical Rock. This suits me because I am also a big Rock&Roll fan and i understand why people prefer the magazine to be about classic Rock. All the existing music magazines are indie,pop or heavy metal magazines.This means that real Rock fans are not satisfied with music magazines because they never get to see the artists and music they love.I am absolutely sure that my magazines is going to be generated to Classic Rock music because people would like to see something different in a music magazine. All the people have also said that they prefer the music prom the past because it was more "real" and unique.The target audience(21-25) is a respond to the genre of music because people aged 21 to 25 are more likely to be interested in rock music.The image on the left shows an analysis of my music preference question in form of a pie chart.The orange is for Classic rock.

From the question about the features people want to see in a music magazine, I can say that every person is interested in different things in a music magazines.most of the people said that they are mainly interested in information about up comming gigs, interviews and celeb articles. I am going to include everything in my music magazine because all the articles, charts, interviews, pictures, reviews etc. are essential for a typical music magazine. Moreover I am thinking of including things that are unique for my magazine such as lyrics' analysis and background and bands in their early career stage. I can also include some articles about the way artists have changed since they are popular.

Overall, the results have shown me that I have to be very careful in not making my magazine look like all the existing magazines. I will try to differentiate is as much as possible because customers' satisfaction is what matters the most.My magazine is going to be issued every two weeks because all the people voted for twice a month issue of the magazine.Its price is going to be £4 because 60% of the people are willing and able to buy the product at this price. The higher price means that more money would be invested in making the magazine unique because to present the music in its real form and nature is a privilege.

0 comments:

Post a Comment